Monday, July 6, 2009

In the end...

This blog is way past due, but I'll use the excuse that I didn't have internet at the lake over July fourth weekend lol (even though it's true). Just looking at my new snapshot from Second Life, I think it's easy to tell just how far we've come along since we started this final project. Almost all of the landscaping is done, so we're more or less working out some technical issues over the batting cage. This isn't the first time I've encountered somebody who has abandoned or retreated from Second Life. Last time was when I bought a ridable tiger, but the lady who owned it was on vacation :(. This time though it seems that the owner of the pitching machine that we need doesn't get on Second Life anymore. Apparently Warrant is going to take care of the scripting with some outside help. We also still have to do our physics of hitting video. We came up with the idea, albeit only when North said we'd get an A if we did it ;), to film ourselves and stream that video in world. So later today we are getting together to film us creaming balls and showing off lol. This may be a bit problematic since I haven't hit or thrown a ball in forever. But if we're getting A's then who am I to complain lol. Plus all three of us who aren't that great in Second Life, can do our part outside of it. It's our way of contributing to the project instead of building crappy looking ladders for the treehouse lol. Since we are streaming our final video into Second Life, I hope it works because we encountered problems with other videos. But, North got us set straight, I think, by buying a big TV that you can stream Youtube videos from. I guess we'll find that out when we try the video out in world tomorrow. Update tomorrow then... :).

No comments:

Post a Comment