We've started the beginnings of our final project. It's hard to believe that it's all finally coming to a close. A beginning of the end. I feel a bit in a panic because I don't feel like my group is as organized as we could be. I know our ideas are sound, I guess it's just a matter of implementation for me. I'm a stickler for doing things on time and being organized is a key part. For the time being though, I have the job of terraforming the baseball field and then throwing in the bits and pieces of things we'll need to buy as "accessories." I hope we can finish the field for tomorrow or Friday because I won't have internet access this weekend. After we finish the field we need to get together some good videos about the physics of a home run and learn how to get those into Second Life. Somehow I have a feeling that they will merely have to be links to videos which I think is ok as long as the visitor can access them. We also need to script some objects or hire a scriptor for our animations of swinging a bat, throwing a ball, and various other things. I wish I could say I know what else we needed, but I think the boys in our group are taking better care of that than me. I hate saying it, but I didn't realize just how hard this would be. Meeting in a virtual world seems to make things more difficult because it's harder to come up with a group management sheet when there's no verbal or physical communication. Of course this is merely just me, but I do wonder if this project would be easier if we weren't meeting in Second Life and instead meeting in the classroom. I guess we'll find out tomorrow...in class. lol.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Let It Rain
We've started the beginnings of our final project. It's hard to believe that it's all finally coming to a close. A beginning of the end. I feel a bit in a panic because I don't feel like my group is as organized as we could be. I know our ideas are sound, I guess it's just a matter of implementation for me. I'm a stickler for doing things on time and being organized is a key part. For the time being though, I have the job of terraforming the baseball field and then throwing in the bits and pieces of things we'll need to buy as "accessories." I hope we can finish the field for tomorrow or Friday because I won't have internet access this weekend. After we finish the field we need to get together some good videos about the physics of a home run and learn how to get those into Second Life. Somehow I have a feeling that they will merely have to be links to videos which I think is ok as long as the visitor can access them. We also need to script some objects or hire a scriptor for our animations of swinging a bat, throwing a ball, and various other things. I wish I could say I know what else we needed, but I think the boys in our group are taking better care of that than me. I hate saying it, but I didn't realize just how hard this would be. Meeting in a virtual world seems to make things more difficult because it's harder to come up with a group management sheet when there's no verbal or physical communication. Of course this is merely just me, but I do wonder if this project would be easier if we weren't meeting in Second Life and instead meeting in the classroom. I guess we'll find out tomorrow...in class. lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment