Friday, June 12, 2009

A Constant Tour

It amazes me just how much you can do in Second Life, and I think that that fact alone is constantly surprising me. I decided in the last few days to follow my interests, which, in this case, included history and Lord of the Rings. I searched for all things dealing with the Holocaust and found myself at the Anne Frank Musuem. When I was navigating the house and hideout replica I realized just how much work I still needed in manouevering even though I wanted so badly to blame it on the lag. On my way out I was able to talk to a Rabbi from the church next door and he told me to go to Help Island. I teleported on over and then went from there to the Welcome Island. I met a Resident there who teleported me from there to her place. Real life interrupted my tour which was extremely frustrating, but I now have a friend outside of the classroom, besides Kimmie, which is very refreshing. So I've promised her I would return to finish the tour asap. The next day I searched for all my favorite Lord of the Rings places and teleported to Rivendell. Can you say gorgeous? All that was missing were the elves, especially Legolas and Arwen lol. Although there were guards there and one night I might see about the houses they have for rent on the property. Finally, I've continued my search for free things, especially clothes. I found a new place for newbies that had free clothes, gadgets, cars, skins, and so much more. I think that if I want to use the cars more, like my Flintstones one, I'm gonna have to learn how to use them more efficiently instead of just running over everything in sight lol. In the next few days I look forward to exploring more museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment