This last week we had the assignment to find a place, somewhere interesting, to take the class on a tour to. We weren't set to meet until the night before the assignment was due so the entire weekend I spent just exploring for places that the entire class would find fun. I used the search option on our main screen and then searched under showcase for hotspots in world. There were a lot of cool places, universities, clubs, etc. I randomly selected some of the ones I found interesting, and after visiting I thought most of these wouldn't have necessarily appealed to my entire class. Finally I came across a place where you can ride seal sleds on a predesigned course. It was very reminiscent of MarioKart. I can't lie, but I knew this place would definitely appeal to the guys that make up the majority of the class. I kept the place in my inventory until the night designated to meet up with the rest of my group. As predicted the guys in my group liked it a lot and when we took the class there everybody had a lot of fun riding the sleds. I noticed that some of the girls opted out of "driving" their own sled, and instead rode on ones with other male classmates. I didn't know if this was because these specific girls didn't like doing activities like this or if it plays into the whole stereotype of men driving women around or if it was something entirely different. Of course the stereotype doesn't apply everywhere and to everything but I just found this interesting. I also wanted to expand a bit about navigation within the place we went, Southaven. Besides the arrows on the course, I think one thing we didn't discuss in class was the surrounding environment. It's basic but the all the hills and mountains sucked you into a vacuum that pretty much made up the course and the arrows told you where to go within that space. Until next time...Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Teamwork
This last week we had the assignment to find a place, somewhere interesting, to take the class on a tour to. We weren't set to meet until the night before the assignment was due so the entire weekend I spent just exploring for places that the entire class would find fun. I used the search option on our main screen and then searched under showcase for hotspots in world. There were a lot of cool places, universities, clubs, etc. I randomly selected some of the ones I found interesting, and after visiting I thought most of these wouldn't have necessarily appealed to my entire class. Finally I came across a place where you can ride seal sleds on a predesigned course. It was very reminiscent of MarioKart. I can't lie, but I knew this place would definitely appeal to the guys that make up the majority of the class. I kept the place in my inventory until the night designated to meet up with the rest of my group. As predicted the guys in my group liked it a lot and when we took the class there everybody had a lot of fun riding the sleds. I noticed that some of the girls opted out of "driving" their own sled, and instead rode on ones with other male classmates. I didn't know if this was because these specific girls didn't like doing activities like this or if it plays into the whole stereotype of men driving women around or if it was something entirely different. Of course the stereotype doesn't apply everywhere and to everything but I just found this interesting. I also wanted to expand a bit about navigation within the place we went, Southaven. Besides the arrows on the course, I think one thing we didn't discuss in class was the surrounding environment. It's basic but the all the hills and mountains sucked you into a vacuum that pretty much made up the course and the arrows told you where to go within that space. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment