
I'm almost certain that during my first few times on Second Life my main concern, I'm sure like most others, as a newbie was working with the avatar itself (i.e flying, walking, etc.) and using the toolbox to create things. Learning how to put things on and editing those things you do create became a little easier each time and I imagine they will still be a little shaky until this class is over. But I know the one thing I was eager to do was explore Second Life to find those things I needed to decorate my condo, and for cheap. Thus it was nice that I had some help from one of the student assistants who pointed me in the direction of Yadni's Junkyard. Described as a "newbie's paradise," it was just that for me. I was able to find some really cool stuff including most of my furniture, some ripped jeans, a cool Ramones tee, and a lot more. I even got a Batmobile! It was nice to know that even though we may have to spend money on some things, there were places out there where you could get so much of what you need and want for free or cheap. Besides the junkyard I went shopping for a real life replica of my husky puppy. I was able to find one and it was easy to buy. But, I am still facing some troubles because no matter how much I feed her, she is still 80% hungry and 15% tired. lol. I will just have to keep working at it, but giving her other commands/tricks was pretty easy to grasp. All of the things that I'm experiencing in Second Life so far do nothing but excite me for the future. There are still so many things to be explored and I plan on doing just that.
Chase
No comments:
Post a Comment